Powered by Max Banner Ads
Featured Local Job: Mental Health Worker Needed
Mental Health Worker Needed at Abraxas in Marienville.
Eligible for a sign on bonus of $250 to be paid upon completion of 90 days of employment.
The primary function of the Mental Health Worker is to provide medically necessary mental health treatment services to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric problems. The position provides direct client supervision to those clients with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment.
- Conducts scheduled head counts to provide effective people security.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients; observes behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedure for the program/facility i.e. curfew, lights out, fire/safety, cleanliness, control, and supply inventory.
- Assigns, supervises, and directs clients during programmatic activities.
- Provides for physical safety, security, and care of clients while under staff member supervision.
- Assists/participates with the development and implementation of clients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Provides leadership and serves as a role model to clients in the performance of therapeutic activities
- Assists with the mentoring and training of new staff members.
- Reports significant client changes in behavior, attitude, or physical condition to higher-level staff members.
- Processes intakes and performs non-invasive searches of clients entering and/or returning to program/facility.
- Assists with suppressing and controlling problems that occur within the program/facility.
- Evaluates client’s behavioral and emotional issues.
- Facilitates groups as required and in accordance with the client’s individualized treatment plan.
- Makes observations and documents client treatment interventions, behavior, and progress.
- Provides direct supervision of clients and interacts therapeutically.
- Interacts with educational team as appropriate.
- Participates in data collection and monitoring and evaluation activities for the program/facility performance improvement program.
- Develops and maintains a current list of resources, including self-help/support groups to ensure comprehensive services to the clients and their families.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current departmental practices and meet guidelines as outlined by outside referral and licensing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local licensing, and reporting requirements.
- Identifies and pursues in-service and continuing educational needs, suggests general training needs for the program and submits requests/suggestions for training to appropriate supervisory and administrative staff members.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program required; degree in an area of human services preferred.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.