Powered by Max Banner Ads
Knox Man Sentenced to Three to Six Years in Prison for Illegal Gun Possession
On July 5, 64-year-old Clifford Dwight McElhattan, of Knox, pleaded guilty to one count of Possession of Firearm Prohibited and one count of Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Manufacture or Deliver, both felony charges.
According to court documents from officials at the Clarion County Courthouse, McElhattan was sentenced to serve a minimum of 36 months and a maximum of 72 months for illegally possessing a firearm.
He will serve his time in the state prison in Greene County.
McElhattan received credit for 222 days served.
As a previously-convicted felon, McElhattan is prohibited from owning firearms.
McElhattan was also ordered to 12 months probation on the drug charge.
As a result of the negotiated guilty plea, the following charges were dismissed:
- Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Manufacture or Deliver, Felony (three counts)
- Possession Of Firearm Prohibited, Felony 2 (two counts)
- Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor
- Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
Details of the case:
According to a criminal complaint filed on February 13, 2017, a member of the Pennsylvania State Police Troop C VICE Unit met with a confidential informant to arrange a drug buy at the McElhattan Road home of Clifford D. McElhattan of Knox.
The confidential informant was transported to 997 McElhattan Road on June 16, 2016, in an undercover vehicle. The confidential informant entered the residence around 8:25 p.m. and exchanged $120.00 for a Ziplock baggie containing suspected marijuana, according to the criminal complaint.
Investigators were able to tie the registration of a Dodge Neon parked in the driveway to McElhattan.
Authorities later logged the suspected marijuana into the property room at the Clarion-based State Police barracks.
On January 27, 2017, a search warrant was executed at McElhattan’s home. The search warrant was executed by the Pennsylvania State Police Troop C VICE Unit, Clarion Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET), and members of Clarion-based State Police. McElhattan was located within the residence and taken into custody.
The following items were found inside the residence:
- Three live marijuana plants
- Several containers including baggies and a bucket containing processed marijuana
- Drug paraphernalia (pipes, scale, marijuana roaches, baggies, and a metal container)
- Marijuana seeds
- Several boxes of ammunition
- Browning .280 caliber rifle
- Mossberg 20-gauge pump shotgun
- .22 caliber revolver
- Several pill bottles containing various schedule IV drugs
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.