Powered by Max Banner Ads
Sligo Man Sentenced to State Prison for Running Meth Lab
According to court documents, on August 9, 38-year-old Matthew Irvin Goodman, of Sligo, pleaded guilty to two felony counts of Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver.
The charges stem from two criminal cases from March of 2017.
According to court documents from officials at the Clarion County Courthouse, on September 6, Goodman was sentenced to serve concurrent terms of 24 to 48 months in the state prison in Greene County. He received credit for 76 days time served.
The following charges against Goodman were dismissed as a result of his guilty plea:
- Possession Red Phosphorus, etc. w/ Intent to Manufacture Controlled Substances, Felony
- Operating a Methamphetamine Lab, Felony 2
- Knowingly Possessing Ephedrine, Misdemeanor (six counts)
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Misdemeanor 2 (two counts)
- Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor
- Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
- Hindering Apprehension/Prosecution-Harbor Or Conceal, Misdemeanor 2 (two counts)
Details of the cases:
According to a criminal complaint, on March 3, Clarion-based State Police initiated a traffic stop in the Borough of Clarion on a vehicle owned by Matthew Goodman.
During the traffic stop, state police seized multiple items used in the manufacturing of methamphetamine.
Additionally, a search of Goodman’s Front Street residence was executed by the Pennsylvania State Police Clandestine Laboratory Response Team (CLRT) following an interview with an informant, according to a complaint.
The following items related to the manufacturing of methamphetamine were found during the search:
- two spent “one-pot” cook vessels
- a plastic container with unknown liquid
- a funnel with white residue
- two small plastic containers with white residue
- tools and a butter knife with white residue
- a plastic container with white prill
- coffee filters
- a mason jar with dried white residue
- a red cooler containing a gallon can of camp fuel
- Liquid Lightning drain cleaner
- a piece of tubing with a pop bottle cap attached to it
Investigators also found a .22 caliber rifle in the same closet where they located the one-pot vessels. Additionally, a letter of indicia in Goodman’s name was located in a desk drawer, the complaint indicates.
According to the criminal complaint, a search of a vehicle located next to Goodman’s residence yielded the following items also associated with the manufacturing of methamphetamine:
- stripped Energizer lithium batteries
- empty Dollar General cold compress packets
- used coffee filters saturated with unknown acidic liquid. Two of the coffee filters were labeled “Jamie” and appeared to have residue on them.
- an empty quart plastic bottle of camp fuel
- one plastic bottle with unknown liquid
- one uncapped bottle with residue in it
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.