Powered by Max Banner Ads
Area Students Compete in Clarion U. Math Competition
Each school brings a team of 10 students, who take a mathematics test that Clarion’s math faculty create. Judges calculate the scores for each student, and the team awards are based on the top five scores on the team. The top five teams and individuals in two categories, Class A and Class AA/AAA, receive awards.
Indiana High School took first place in Class AA/AAA, followed by Mercyhurst Prep, Kiski, Warren and St. Mary’s. Individuals who placed include:
- 1st place: Karl Schmelzer – Kiski Area
- 2nd place: Chloe Williams – Indiana
- 3rd place: Lyle Huang – Mercyhurst
- 4th place: Elena Bai – Indiana
- 5th place: Jessie Chiu – Indiana and Drew Murphy – Burrell (tie)
Eisenhower Middle/High School took first place in Class A, followed by Lakeview, Brockway, Dubois Central Catholic and Clarion. Individuals who placed include:
- 1st place: Josef Bauer – Eisenhower
- 2nd place: Aidan Farrell – Eisenhower
- 3rd place: Cody Kuntz – Brockway
- 4th place: Zach Vandervort – Dubois Central Catholic
- 5th place: Zach Lavin – Clarion Area
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.