Powered by Max Banner Ads
Emlenton Man Awaiting Preliminary Hearing on Drug Charges
According to court documents, criminal charges have been filed against 26-year-old Matthew Kyle Fair, of Emlenton.
According to a criminal complaint, around 1:14 p.m. on November 14, State Parole Agent Wetzel was at Matthew Fair’s apartment and called PSP Clarion for assistance. Fair is currently on State Parole until 2019.
Both Agent Wetzel and State Trooper Beilman could detect an overwhelming smell of raw marijuana, the complaint states.
Two cell phones were located in the back of the apartment. Text messages were observed from Fair and an unknown person about the purchase of marijuana, the complaint continues.
The following items were also found in the apartment:
- A medium-sized glass Mason jar with four clear plastic sandwich bags with marijuana located inside;
- A smaller clear plastic bag with marijuana seeds inside;
- Electronic scale with marijuana residue on it;
- A blue glass smoking pipe; and
- Two sharpie markers.
Fair was placed under arrest and transported to the Clarion State Police station where he was fingerprinted and photographed and then transported to the Clarion County Jail on a probation violation, according to the complaint.
Fair was arraigned at 10:19 a.m. on Friday, November 17, on the following charges:
- Criminal Use Of Communication Facility, Felony 3
- Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor
- Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver, Misdemeanor
- Use/Poss Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
Unable to post $25,000.00 monetary bail, Fair remains lodged in the Clarion County Jail.
He faces a preliminary hearing at 9:30 a.m. on November 28 in front of Magisterial District Judge Amy Long Turk.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.