Powered by Max Banner Ads
Flooding Shuts Down Several Roadways in Clarion County, Surrounding Areas
[PHOTO: Bluejay Road. Photo by Andy Smith.]]
PENNDOT – DISTRICT 9
- Route 3011, Worthington Slatelick Road/SR 3004/Bear Road, is closed between Yellow Dog Road and Green Acres Road in West Franklin Township.
- Route 4035, Craigsville Road/Yellow Dog Road, is closed between Airport Road/Yellow Dog Road and Old Butler Road in West Franklin Township.
- Route 3013, Nicola Road/Mushroom Farm Road is closed between Hindman Hill Road and the Butler County line in West Franklin Township.
- Route 1028, Oscar Road/Anderson Creek Road is open between Route 1035 in Boggs Township and Route 1037 in Wayne Township.
- Route 1004 is closed between Route 1002 and Scenic Road/Poseytown Road in Madison Township.
- Route 3007, Glade Run Road, is open between Route 128 in Cadogan Township and Pony Farm Road in North Buffalo Township.
- Route 3007 Three Degree Road, remains closed between Route 3006, Renfrew Road, Penn Township Penn Township. This closure is expected to remain in place through Tuesday, January 16. The posted detour uses Route 3002, Whitestown Road, to Route 8 to Route 3010, Brownsdale Road.
- Route 3027 Hartmann Road/Seneca School Road is closed between Route 68 and Textor Hill Road in Jackson Township.
- Route 3007, Three Degree Road, is open between Union Church Road, in Adams Township and West Road in Forward Township.
- Route 2002, Herman Road/Ziegler Avenue is open between Stutz Road and Simon Drive in Summit Township.
- Route 3006, Renfrew Road, is closed between Three Degree Road and Thornbrook Drive in Penn Township.
- Route 38 is closed between Hendricks Road in Summit Township and Hoon Road/Pine Track Road in Center Township.
- Route 2009, Cherry Run Road/Lawsonham Road, is closed between Toby Shed Road/C&K Mining Company Drive, and Huey Road in Toby Township.
- Single lane restriction lifted on Route 66 between Route 961 in New Bethlehem Borough and Olean Trail Road in Limestone Township.
- Route 4005, Twin Church Road/Tippecanoe Road, open between Route 338 and Huckleberry Ridge Road in Beaver Township.
These roadways are expected to reopen once the flooding abates. More information will be forthcoming.
PENNDOT – DISTRICT 10
- Route 322 from Route 6 in Conneaut Lake Borough to Franklin Pike in West Mead Township.
- Route 6 Eastbound from Willow Street to Mead Avenue in Meadville.
- Route 173 from Lake Creek Road/Lippert Road in Wayne Township to Washington Street in Randolph Township.
- Route 2040 (Spring Street) from Route 102 to Lincoln Avenue in the City of Meadville.
- Route 1001 (Mystic Park Road) from Main Street in Hydetown Borough to Freemont Street in Steuben Township.
- Route 1041 (Sparta Street/Fish Flats Road/Britton Run Road) from Garland Street in Centerville Borough to Route 77 in Sparta Township.
- Route 1033 (Teepleville Road/New Richmond Road) from South Brownhill Road in Athens Township to Route 408 in Richmond Township.
- Route 1016 (Mackey Hill Road/Miller Station Road/Brown Hill Road) from Route 6 in Cambridge Township to Miller Hill Road in Rockdale Township.
- Route 6 from Route 19 in LeBoeuf Township to Main Street in Mill Village Borough.
- Route 2001 (French Creek Road) from Route 6 to Flatt Road in LeBoeuf Township.
- Route 2018 (Pleasant Street/Elgin Road) from Main Street in Elgin Borough to Route 89 in Concord Township.
- Route 3011 (Pennside Road/Knapp Road) from Pennside Road to Carter Road in Conneaut Township.
- Route 3004 (Nebraska Road) from German Hill Road to Sage Road in Green Township.
- Route 1003 (Blue Jack Creek Road) from Route 66 in Howe Township to Route 666 in Howe Township.
- Route 4019 (Methodist Road) from Beatty School Road to Salem Road in Sugar Grove Township.
- Route 3009 (Tidioute Creek Road) from Grant Street in Tidioute Borough to Karney Road in Triumph Township.
- Route 3014 (Kane Road) from Route 27 to Coal Hill Road in Pittsfield Township.
- Route 2004 (Horton Avenue) from Main Street to Route 6 in Sheffield Township.
- Route 4001 (Piccadilly Hill Road/Scotts Crossing Road/ Sample Flats Road) from Route 426 in Columbus Township to Spencer Road/Grand Army to the Republic Highway in Columbus Township.
PennDOT recommends avoiding travel during winter storms if possible, but motorists who must be on the road are urged to use caution while driving and offers this advice:
- Don’t drive through standing water.
- Slow down and drive at a speed that suits the conditions.
- Turn on your headlights.
- Increase your following distance.
- Reduce in-car distractions.
- Use defroster and wipers.
- Keep windows and mirrors free of snow and ice.
- Use four-way flashers when traveling slowly.
- Always buckle up and never drink and drive.
To help make decisions as to whether to travel during winter weather, motorists are encouraged to “Know Before You Go” by checking conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 850 traffic cameras. Users can also see plow truck statuses and travel alerts along a specific route using the “Check My Route” tool.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
PennDOT reminds motorists to pack an emergency kit for their vehicles. A basic kit should include non-perishable food, water, blanket, small shovel and warm clothes. When preparing an emergency kit, motorists should consider special needs of passengers such as baby food, pet supplies or medications and pack accordingly.
PennDOT also reminds citizens that downloadable materials, including home and car emergency kit checklists and emergency plan templates, are available at www.ReadyPA.org or by calling 1-888-9-READYPA. Citizens can find information about getting involved in local emergency response efforts and other volunteer opportunities through the Web site or the toll-free line.
For more information on winter driving and PennDOT operations, visit www.penndot.gov/winter.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.