Powered by Max Banner Ads
Featured Local Job: Physical Education/Health Teacher
Abraxas is hiring a Physical Education/Health Teacher at their Marienville facility.
The Physical Education/Health Teacher position is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter and/or skills. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $500 to be paid upon completion of 90 days of employment.
- Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined in the school curriculum.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity.
- Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior.
- Develops daily lesson plans and completes all required educational paperwork
- Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in education.
- Other Qualifications:
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field in subject matter that is utilized for teaching experience.
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
• Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
• Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
• Valid registered vehicle insurance.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.