Powered by Max Banner Ads
Featured Local Job: Production Welder Needed
Miller Welding & Machine Co. is currently seeking a Production Welder.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Welding & Machine Co. (MWM) may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of MWM.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Function: Perform the task of assembling a variety of metal component parts together either by assembly fixtures or blue prints to accomplish a complete or accurate product for the process of welding. Also includes presenting a professional appearance in line with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Welding & Machine Co.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED), proficiency in specific skills as detailed in the training matrix.
Experience: At least one (1) to three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience; must pass a weld assessment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effective communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Demonstrate the Core Values of MWM:
Key Job Elements
- Accurate Record Keeping
Goals and Objectives
a) Maintains confidentiality
b) Enters accurate data in job tracking and quality
c) Completes traceability requirements
d) Communicate daily issues to relevant personnel and management
- Welding Responsibilities
Goals and Objectives
a) Proficient at welding and assembly provided by
all levels of assemblers
b) Performs all weld functions in the production shop, excluding robotic applications
c) Ability to weld all metals and any combination of metals
d) Ability to select and use the correct wire for the metals being welded
e) Proficient air-arc welds
f) Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understand the impact dimensions have on part quality and function
g) Ability to repair parts that fail inspection
h) Ability to weld product that is not fixture
i) Ability to weld product that is located on positioners
j) Maintains a minimum quality yield performance of 99% when fully trained
For more information or to apply go to https://millerwelding.applicantstack.com/x/openings
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.