Featured Local Job: Practice Manager
Semeyn Family Practice in New Bethlehem is now hiring a Practice Manager.
Job Title: Practice Manager
Shift: Full Time – Monday – Friday.
Primary Functions: Manages the operations and activities of a physician practice, except those directly involving medical judgment, within the scope of policies established and authority delegated by Health Services of Clarion, Inc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes operational responsibility for practice. Works closely with HSC Administrative and Billing Personnel to ensure consistency of operations, policy, customer service and employee relations.
- Identifies and solves operational problems.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels.
- Evaluates staff performance.
- Monitors appointment and patient flow.
- Supervises billing and collection procedures at site.
- Provides assistance with and preparation of letters for insurance inquires and/or patient requests.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and with clinic standards of quality care.
- Maintains practice site and equipment.
- Assesses and justifies practice supply and equipment needs. Places purchase orders and maintains inventory on site.
- Maintains physician schedule for appointments, CME/Vacation time, school physicals, meeting, etc.
- Serves as contact for medical insurance companies for chart reviews, credentialing, site reviews, etc.
- Practice liaison for hospital relations, vendors, answering service, etc.
- Assists HSC Administration in promoting and implementing best practice initiatives. Practice Manager will also be responsible for assuring staff is educated on and follow any changes in policy and procedure.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Analyzes and monitors financial aspects of the practice.
- Minimum of two (2) years management and supervisory experience in a physician office.
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, knowledge of computer systems and applications: skill in gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information; skill in written and verbal communication; ability to exercise problem-solving and initiative; ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with variety of situations; ability to work effectively with patients, staff and public; ability to identify problems and recommend solutions; ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Submit resume and letter of interest to Health Services of Clarion, Inc., % Jo Shaffer, 121 Doctors Lane, Clarion, PA 16214.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.