Focused on Saving Lives, Clarion Hospital Foundation Launches Fundraising Campaign for New 3D Mammography Equipment
CLARION, Pa. – October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as we celebrate the survivors and remember those we have lost, we move forward in hopes that advances in modern medicine are made so that even more lives can be saved in the future. Statistics show that more than 300,000 women in the U.S are diagnosed with Breast Cancer each Year.
If not detected and treated in the initial stages, breast cancer can spread to other parts of the body and become potentially fatal.
“Since early detection and diagnosis are critical with mammography exams, it is important to offer patients the 3D state of the art technology that allows for a higher level of care close to home here in Clarion,” said the Clarion Hospital Foundation in a release issued Wednesday.
The release also announced the kick off of a capital campaign to raise $400,000.00 for 3D Mammography Equipment at the Clarion Hospital.
“The Statement – Early detection saves lives – is both simple and powerful. I am excited that Clarion Hospital will be providing this service for Clarion and the surrounding areas.” said Tracy Myers, Nurse Manager at The Cancer Center at Clarion Hospital.
Some Quick Facts:
- 3 D Mammography takes images of the breast in slices from many angles.
- Provides a detailed view of dense breast tissue, making it easier to detect size, shape and location of any abnormalities.
- This technology is proven to be up to 40 percent more accurate than 2D Mammography in locating invasive cancers.
- Reduces false positive findings and the need for additional tests.
- According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health Cancer Registry, from 2013 to 2015 there was over 60% increase in Breast Cancer instances in Clarion County alone.
According to Dr. Albert Barrett, Radiologist at Clarion Hospital, “Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3-D mammography) is a revolutionary new screening and diagnostic breast imaging tool used to improve the early detection of breast cancer.”
The Clarion Hospital is reaching out to the public for support. The Clarion Hospital Foundation would like to be able to purchase this equipment at the start of 2019, and would like the public to consider making a contribution toward this state of the art life saving equipment.
There are many ways you can give:
- Cash Contributions -The most common way to give.
- Credit Card Gifts – A convenient way to make a donation. Your gift can be placed on a major credit card – A good way to earn extra reward points
- Stocks, Bonds and other Equities – By giving shares of stock, bonds or other securities, you help the Hospital and it’s patients all while avoiding capital gains taxes and you may claim a deduction for the full value. If you are 70 1/2 years of age, ask your financial advisor about a qualified charitable distribution.
- Life Insurance – An existing policy that is paid up can qualify a donor for a tax deduction. Naming the Clarion Hospital Foundation as the beneficiary will help you qualify for this deduction.
- Corporate Matching Gifts – Organizations with established programs match any gift given by their employees.
- Go Fund Me – One of the newest fundraising tools today. Go Fund Me makes it easy to donate. Log onto: gofundme.com/clarion-hospital-3d-mammography – you can donate and keep track of the progress we are making in the campaign.
Clarion Hospital and the Clarion Hospital Foundation are 501(c)(3) charitable organizations under the Internal Revenue Service Code.
If you are in need of more information or would like to make a donation, please contact John Stroup, Executive Director Clarion Hospital Foundation at 814-226-1257.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.