Emlenton Man Sentenced Up to Seven Years in State Prison for Exposing Himself to Teen
EMLENTON, Pa. (EYT) – An Emlenton man was sentenced on Tuesday up to seven years in state prison stemming from an incident in which he was caught on video performing a sexual act in front of a 15-year-old girl.
According to court documents, on Tuesday, December 4, President Judge Oliver J. Lobaugh ordered 47-year-old James Preston Hager, of Emlenton, to the following conditions:
– a minimum of six months to a maximum of 30 months in state prison on a third-degree felony count of Criminal Use of a Communication Facility;
– a minimum of 15 months to a maximum of 54 months in state prison on a third-degree felony count of Unlawful Contact with a minor, Open Lewdness; and
– the sentences are to run consecutively.
He was given credit for 254 days served.
Hager is not RRRI (Recidivism Risk Reduction Incentive) eligible.
Court documents indicate that on August 20, Hager pleaded guilty to Criminal Use of a Communication Facility and Unlawful Contact with a Minor, Open Lewdness.
As a result of the plea bargain, the following charges were dismissed:
– Corruption Of Minors – Defendant Age 18 or Above, Felony 3
– Corruption of Minors, Misdemeanor 1
– Indecent Exposure, Misdemeanor 1 (38 counts)
– Open Lewdness, Misdemeanor 3 (38 counts)
– Unlawful Contact with Minor, Sexual Offenses, Felony 3
Hager is currently lodged in SCI Camp Hill.
Details of the case:
Emlenton Police received a report from Venango County CYS indicating that James Hager allegedly masturbated in front of a 15-year-old juvenile, and the juvenile videotaped the incident.
In an interview with police, the juvenile victim stated that she was in James Hager’s bedroom watching TV and using Snapchat on her phone. She said Hager was on the bed, and after a few minutes, she noticed Hager had exposed his genitals and was masturbating. The victim stated that she wanted to catch him, so she started recording him on her cell phone. She got out of the bed while recording and commented to him about being disgusting. She then left the room.
A search warrant was served on the victim’s cell phone based on probable cause. As a result of the search, evidence was obtained that showed Hager allegedly offered marijuana to the victim numerous times. Hager also allegedly sent inappropriate sexual messages to the victim, according to the criminal complaint.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.