THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
CNET Busts Clarion Man for Selling Marijuana
According to court documents, Clarion County Detectives filed the following criminal charges against Jovante Alexander Seard, of Clarion, on December 13:
– Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver, Felony (four counts)
– Criminal Use Of Communication Facility, Felony 3 (three counts)
– Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor (four counts)
– Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor (four counts)
Seard also has an address listed as 5009 40th PL, Apartment 304, Hyattsville, MD.
Utilizing a confidential informant (C.I.) Clarion County Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET) made three controlled purchases of marijuana, a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance, from Jovante Alexander Seard.
The transactions occurred as follows:
– On September 18, 2018, around 2:30 p.m., CNET made a controlled drug purchase of two grams of marijuana from Jovante Alexander Seard in exchange for $20.00 in U.S. currency. The exchange was made in the parking lot of 543 Liberty Street in Clarion Borough.
– On September 25, 2018, around 2:19 p.m., CNET made a controlled purchase of 1/2 ounce of marijuana from Jovante Seard in exchange for $135.00 of U.S. currency. The exchange was made in the parking lot of 543 Liberty Street, Clarion Borough.
– On December 11, around 11:10 a.m., CNET made a controlled purchase of 1/2 ounce of marijuana from Jovante Seard in exchange for $110.00 in U.S. currency. The exchange was made at Seard’s residence located at Apartment 2, 543 Liberty Street, in Clarion Borough.
Search Warrant Served at Seard’s Apartment
Around 6:05 a.m. on December 13, CNET served a search warrant on Seard’s residence located at Apartment 2, 543 Liberty Street, Clarion, with the assistance of the PA SERT (Special Emergency Response Team) and Pennsylvania State Police Troop C Vice Unit.
Seard was present at the residence and taken into custody without incident.
A search of the residence was conducted, and 17 individual sandwich baggies containing marijuana and two vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana were seized.
CNET also seized drug paraphernalia including a digital scale, two grinders, a sandwich bag box, empty vacuum-sealed packaging material, and $546.00 in U.S. currency.
Included in the seized U.S. currency was marked CNET funds used in a controlled drug purchase.
Seard was arraigned on December 13 in front of Magisterial District Judge Duane L. Quinn.
Unable to post $15,000.00 monetary bail for each case, Seard was lodged in the Clarion County Jail.
He was released on December 14 after his bail was posted by a professional bondsman.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1:15 p.m. on December 18 with Judge Quinn presiding.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.