Powered by Max Banner Ads
American Family Association of Pennsylvania Issues ‘Action Alert’ Over Local Health Center Debate
VENANGO CO., Pa. (EYT) – An “Action Alert” issued by the Franklin-based American Family Association of Pennsylvania (AFA of PA) is warning that the AccessMatters agency is “targeting” four Venango County schools districts for the establishment of health resource centers.
Issued by Diane Gramley, of Venango County, President of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania, the Action Alert includes information about the Access Matters agency and voices concerns about the proposals for health centers in the Oil City, Franklin, Valley Grove, and Cranberry school districts.
Information in the alert highlights the fact that AccessMatters is a Planned Parenthood partner.
“We do not believe it is in the best interest of the children of this county to give Access/Matters-trained ‘counselors’ access to them,” the alert states. “Basically, schools would be allowing Planned Parenthood counselors access to your children.”
Below are specific points the AFA of PA Action Alert states about AccessMatters:
- Their goal is to increase access to sexual and reproductive health.
- Family planning, HIV and STD prevention and testing, breast and cervical cancer screening and prevention, teen pregnancy prevention, and condom distribution are just a few of the important programs we support.
- AccessMatters is committed to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and stands with Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood affiliate health centers are valued community partners in the Access/Matters Network…
- Their (AccessMatters) January 22, 2019, Facebook post: “People’s sexual and reproductive health care are critical to their social and economic empowerment. On the anniversary of the landmark Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade, we remind ourselves that 46 years later, we are still working to protect access to all reproductive health options.”
- Their (AccessMatters) January 15, 2019, Facebook post after a Philly judge placed a nationwide injunction against the Trump Administration’s proposed rule that would have exempted Christian-owned businesses from being required to provide contraception coverage under Obamacare: “We are pleased with U.S. District Judge Wendy Beetlestone’s decision to grant block these dangerous rules from taking effect. We also thank Attorney General Josh Shapiro for being a true champion in this fight to protect access to contraceptive coverage!”
- Access/Matters was formerly known as Family Planning Council.
According to the alert, the AFA of PA has already contacted the school superintendents with their concerns and is now asking community members to become involved, as well.
The Action Alert created school district specific petitions and are asking individuals to gather signatures. Links are provided on the Action Alert to the four school district petitions.
The alert notes that the Franklin Area School Board already voted to approve a center at Franklin High School.
For more information on the American Family Association of Pennsylvania, follow this link: afaofpa.org.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.