THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
Featured Local Job: Drug and Alcohol Counselor Assistant
Abraxas is hiring a Drug and Alcohol Counselor Assistant at their Marienville facility.
The Drug and Alcohol Counselor Assistant, under close supervision and/or direct observation of a treatment supervisor, provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent youth with substance abuse/use problems. The drug & alcohol counselor assistant is a fulltime, entry level position. Once the counselor assistant completes the required amount of supervision and clinical experience, he/she will be promoted to a full-time drug & alcohol counselor position.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to include the provision of at least 10 hours of treatment services during primary care hours each week.
- Provides individual counseling and completes related documentation.
- Provides caseload group counseling and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates family sessions and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates drug & alcohol treatment groups and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates therapeutic recreation groups and completes related documentation.
- Oversees work therapy activities and completes related documentation.
- Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews.
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries.
- Attends court hearings.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the plan.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
• Current licensure in the Commonwealth as a registered nurse; OR
• Associate’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or related; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field; OR
• Master’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field.
- Other Qualifications:
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
• Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
• Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
To apply for this position, click here.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.