Clarion County Child Care Opens Monday: A Place to Learn, Grow & Thrive
As the rapid growth in YMCA memberships after the new Y opened, the childcare facility is already full for most rooms, except preschool and before/after school.
The YMCA is recognized as the leading childcare provider in the United States.
Clarion YMCA Child Care is state licensed, Keystone Stars, CCIS payments are accepted, and financial assistance is available through CCIS at 1-800-442-5807.
The child care center offers:
• Fun, engaging curriculum, plus direct access to the YMCA aquatic center and gymnasium
• Daily physical activity
• Free swim lessons at the YMCA
• YMCA youth membership for all full-time children
• Positive, value-based environment
• Highly trained staff
• Bus transportation
• Care when school is out
• Healthy meals and snacks
Child Care includes the following:
– Infant Child Care, (Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., ages six weeks through three years);
– Preschool Child Care (Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.to 6:00 p.m.);
– Preschool Class (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., ages 3 to 5); and
– Before and After School Care (Monday through Friday, swimming, gym time, and homework help is available.)
Before and after school care is available weekdays, during school holidays, Act 80 days, snow days, and early dismissals.
Each of the rooms has murals painted by local artists. After posting a notice of a contest to paint the rooms, over 30 artists applied for the project.
The YMCA Child Care Center is the only not-for-profit Child Care Center in Clarion County, and the kids get free swim lessons and the use of the YMCA while in childcare. Full-time children receive a free membership to the YMCA.
“As with memberships, we also have scholarships for child care,” said Michelle Murray, Marketing & Membership Director of Scenic Rivers YMCA.
“We do not have a lot in the after school program because we are in the middle of the school year, but Clarion Area will drop the kids off here and pick them. If the parents go to work early, we’re open at 6:00 a.m., and the parents can take them here and the school will pick them up. We’re here until 6:00 p.m.”
Child Care children will also be able to participate in the 2019 Summer Day Camps at Camp Coffman.
For more information, please contact the Director of Child Care Michelle Miller at 764-3400 or 814-297-1500.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.