Featured Local Job: CDL Driver
Terra Works, Inc of Clarion, has an opening for a CDL Driver.
This position is responsible for the safe, efficient, economical movement of material and equipment from one location to another as well as keeping TWI equipment in clean, serviceable condition.
Truck Driver Essential Functions
- Operate tri-axle dump truck safely and efficiently on public highways and in off-road situations to deliver equipment, asphalt or aggregate material into asphalt paver, widener, stone box, storage bins or onto stockpiles.
- Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection to ensure operational safety and report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Complete reports for out-going and returned equipment.
- Complete log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
- Perform manual labor such as shovel material and roll tarps as assigned.
- Must be capable of transitioning from driver to heavy highway laborer.
- Must be willing to travel a 100-mile radius of Clarion County.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
Laborer Essential Functions Including but not limited to:
- traffic control
- moving materials
- setting forms
- cleans concrete forms
- pours concrete
- maintains good housekeeping and safety regulations
- Operating Equipment as needed
- 10 years over the road driving experience preferred
- Applicant must possess a valid Class A CDL, pass a DOT physical and drug test.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Safety regulations and DOT guidelines.
- Possess experience in towing construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic in small areas.
- Asphalt and equipment operating skills
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel and be capable of passing required physical examination
- Prior work experience in Heavy Highway Construction
- Prior experience with paving crews preferred
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
- High School education/GED, or equivalent education and experience.
- 4% 401K Match
- Health Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- Per Diem for overnight work
- Work boot reimbursement
- Wages Starting from $18.00 to $25.00 based off experience
*Prevailing wages apply to some jobs
Please send resumes to Ryan Koser at email@example.com or call 814-226-0702 ext. 112.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.