Featured Local Job: Food Preparation Specialist
Deer Creek Winery is currently seeking a Food Preparation Specialist to add to our team!
Tucked away in the picturesque Western Pennsylvania countryside, Deer Creek Winery sits proudly among the premier wineries in Pennsylvania. We go beyond expectations to please our wine connoisseurs, romantic getaway seekers, travel enthusiasts, and culture collectors!
If you take pride in your work and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, in a fun and energetic environment with opportunity for advancement – this is the position for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of food preparation duties
- Cook and manage breakfast service
- Take control of the breakfast service and be accountable for ensuring Inn guests receive a truly delicious and memorable meal
- Prepare a variety of foods according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures
- Set up and clean down the kitchen after breakfast
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Partners with the kitchen team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly
- Monitor and ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Assist with producing new dishes
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally
- Hours of work are normally 7am to 11am.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
- Works closely with the main winery staff and Inn to provide back-up support
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience as a line cook or in food preparation
- Passion for cooking
- Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation
- Passionate about producing high quality food
- Be an excellent team player
- Customer focused, results driven self-starter
- Strong communication skills required
- Teamwork orientation
- Possesses integrity and professionalism
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and able to multitask efficiently
- Willingness to learn new things
- Weekends are required
- Reliable transportation is a must
- 20% off product
- Matching 3% IRA
Send completed application to Nikki@DeerCreekWine.com
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.