McConnell Announces Antlerless Deer Allocation Increases by 65,000 in 2019
McConnell released the information at the Tuesday morning work session of the Clarion County Commissioners.
The total allocation increased by 65,000 over 2018. A total of 903,000 allocations were announced verses 838,000 in 2018. The allocations for Wildlife management Units varied in the 1A to 5D WMU’s.
Commissioners Ted Tharan and Wayne Brosius announced two resolutions were being considered for next Tuesday’s business meeting, including the establishment of a Census Committee and an application for a 2020 DCED grant for playground equipment at the Clarion County Park in Paint Township.
Action is also expected next Tuesday on Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) items. Sub-recipient agreements are planned with Foxburg Borough for FY 2016 demolition of a house on North Palmer Avenue and FY 2017 Road Repair on North Palmer Avenue.
The 2018 CDBG application totals $428,662.00, with $238,318.00 scheduled for Clarion County, $100,751.00 for Clarion Borough, and $89,593.00 for Clarion Township with a contract term of March 21, 2019, to March 20, 2023. Clarion Borough and Clarion Township are designated entitlement communities, but Clarion County is required to administer the grants.
Requests for funding from the hotel tax are also part of the agenda. The hotel tax is founded by a three percent hotel tax on all hotel rooms, bed and breakfast, and cabins in Clarion County. Clarion County Commissioners have final approval on the requests.
Current requests include $5,000.00 for the Sawmill Center for the Arts to produce and distribute brochures. $2,500.00 would be granted upon approval and $2,500.00 upon completion.
The East Brady Development Corporation is requesting $700.00 for map reprints.
The Foxburg caboose is requesting $565.04 repair and siding.
PA Great Outdoors is requesting $1,980.00 for a 24-second TV commercial on WJAC. A similar request was originally approved for 12-second commercials.
Various contract amendments on behalf of early intervention are also on the agenda for approval.
Multiple contract renewals for leases at the Clarion County human services building on Seventh Avenue from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020, are scheduled.
Renewals and leases include the following:
- CYS: total cost $120,207.00 or $10,017.00 per month (County match 10 to 40%)
- Clarion Vocational Services: total cost $20,748.00 or $,1749.00 per month
- CCR Clarion Community Resources: total cost $4,055.00 or $421.00 per month
- MH/DD/EI: total cost $24,790.00 or $2,066.00 per month (County match up to 10%)
- Community Guidance Center: total cost $17,435.00 or $1,453.00 per month
- Road to Recovery: total cost $14,020.00 or $1,160.00 per month
- CCR: total cost $28,370.00 or $2,364.00 per month
- Human Services: total cost $6,154.00 or $513.00 per month
- Clarion County’s Promise: total cost $10,527.00 or $877.00 per month
- Justice Works Youth Care: total cost $11,747.00 or $979.00 per month.
Clarion County has a $38,000.00 mortgage on the building that is included in the county debt service.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.