Clarion-Limestone Approves 2019-20 Budget With Tax Increase
In a marathon board meeting – which included a two and a half hour executive session to consider bargaining contracts – Clarion-Limestone School Board members approved the final budget, in the amount of $15,155,105.00, for the 2019-20 fiscal year.
While approval for the budget itself was unanimous, board members Jamie Mahle and Roger Powell both voted against the associated tax increase. However, the Annual Tax Levy Resolution still passed, meaning real estate taxes for the district will go from 59.53 mills to 60.55 mills in Clarion County and from 40.19 mills to 41.04 mills in Jefferson County.
The board also unanimously approved use of Capital Project Funds in the amount of $78,667.33, in addition to the $25,000.00 Safe Schools Grant award money, for a contract with MVS Security Services to replace the district’s video surveillance systems in the high school and elementary school buildings, install a new clock system in the elementary school, wire the smoke detectors in the elementary school, and install a card reader for the business office door.
In other business, the board:
- Approved the 2019 Homestead and Farmstead Exclusion Resolution, in the allocation total amount of $330,404.00.
- Approved use of Capital Project Funds in the amount of $10,416.00 to replace the elementary library carpet to be installed by Blake Brothers Carpet and Furniture.
- Approved use of Capital Project Funds in the amount of $24,620.00 to rebuild the HW Boiler Mud drums and Chamber in the high school by Combustion Service and Equipment Company.
- Approved the acceptance of a bid from Hager Paving, Inc. in the amount of $219,757.00, to be used from the Capital Project Funds, for the resurfacing of the high school parking lots and high school roadways.
- Approved the hire of Alan Ochs as an elementary school teacher for the 2019-20 school year at a Bachelor’s Step One salary of $44,976.00, pending receipt of all required legal documentation.
- Approved the hire of Max Lowrie as Management Information Systems Director beginning upon release by his current employer, at a pro-rated annual salary of $70,000.00 for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year, and a salary of $70,000.00 for the 2019-20 school year, pending receipt of all required legal documentation.
- Approved contracted service agreement beginning August 19, 2019, with Cen-Clear Child Services, Inc. for school support therapist services.
- Approved the enactment of the Promising Practice Dependent Grant in cooperation with Clarion County CYS and Justice Works.
- Approved the transportation contract for the term beginning July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2021.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.