Mayport Man Busted for Meth Following Traffic Stop
According to court documents, Punxsutawney-based State Police filed criminal charges against 47-year-old Sean Carl Shetler, of Mayport, in Magisterial District Judge Jacqueline J. Mizerock office.
The charges stem from a traffic violation committed by Sean Shetler around 5:30 p.m. on July 14, on North Findley Street, in Punxsutawney Borough, Jefferson County.
According to a criminal complaint filed by Trooper Suprano, of PSP Punxsutawney, Shetler made a left-hand turn from Findley Street to Clark Avenue, failing to use the appropriate turning signal.
Trooper Suprano initiated a traffic stop on Shetler’s vehicle, and Shetler admitted to “consuming alcohol earlier in the day,” according to the complaint.
In addition, Trooper Suprano could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle, the complaint states.
According to the complaint, a probable cause search of the vehicle was conducted, and a large amount of methamphetamine (approximately 70 grams), a small amount of marijuana (approximately 1.6 grams), and a large quantity of paraphernalia consistent with controlled substances were discovered.
Shetler was arrested on July 14 and arraigned on the following charges:
– Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver, Felony
– Deliver/Intent To Deliver Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
– Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor
– Marijuana-Small Amount Personal Use, Misdemeanor
– Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
– DUI: Controlled Substance – Impaired Ability – 1st Offense, Misdemeanor
– Driving While BAC .02 or Greater While License Suspended, Summary
– Oper Veh W/O Req’d Financ Responsibility, Summary
– Turning Movements And Required Signals, Summary
– Careless Driving, Summary
– Fail to use safety belt – driver and front seat occupant, Summary
Unable to post $50,000.00 monetary bail (10%), he was lodged in the Jefferson County Jail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on August 20 with Judge Mizerock presiding.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.