Court Date Set for Mayport Man Busted for Meth Possession
JEFFERSON CO., Pa. (EYT) – A preliminary hearing has been scheduled in Jefferson County Court for a Mayport man who was arrested for possession of a large amount of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in Punxsutawney Borough.
According to court documents, 47-year-old Sean Carl Shetler will stand for a preliminary hearing at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20, in front of Magisterial District Judge Jacqueline J. Mizerock.
Shetler faces the following charges:
– Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver, Felony
– Deliver/Intent To Deliver Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
– Intentional Possession Controlled Substance By Person Not Registered, Misdemeanor
– Marijuana-Small Amount Personal Use, Misdemeanor
– Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
– DUI: Controlled Substance – Impaired Ability – 1st Offense, Misdemeanor
– Driving While BAC .02 or Greater While License Suspended, Summary
– Oper Veh W/O Req’d Financ Responsibility, Summary
– Turning Movements And Required Signals, Summary
– Careless Driving, Summary
– Failure to use safety belt – driver and front seat occupant, Summary
He is currently free on a $5,000.00 cash security.
The charges stem from a traffic violation initiated by Punxsutawney-based State Police around 5:30 p.m. on July 14, on North Findley Street, in Punxsutawney Borough, Jefferson County.
Details of the case:
According to a criminal complaint filed by Trooper Suprano, of PSP Punxsutawney, Shetler made a left-hand turn from Findley Street to Clark Avenue, failing to use the appropriate turning signal.
Trooper Suprano initiated a traffic stop on Shetler’s vehicle, and Shetler admitted to “consuming alcohol earlier in the day,” according to the complaint.
In addition, Trooper Suprano could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle, the complaint states.
According to the complaint, a probable cause search of the vehicle was conducted, and a large amount of methamphetamine (approximately 70 grams), a small amount of marijuana (approximately 1.6 grams), and a large quantity of paraphernalia consistent with controlled substances were discovered.
Shetler was arrested and arraigned on July 14.
His bail was set at $50,000.00 (10%), and he was lodged in the Jefferson County Jail.
He was released on August 5, after a $5,000.00 cash security was posted by a private surety.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.