Commissioners Proclaim August 23 Dave Moore Day in Clarion County
CLARION, Pa. (EYT) – Clarion County Commissioners Ted Tharan, Wayne Brosius, and Ed Heasley on Tuesday morning designated August 23 as Dave Moore Day in Clarion County, honoring the veteran Redbank Valley football and girls basketball coach.
(Photo of Dave Moore with his PA Scholastic Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame plaque. Photo by Bob Dunkle)
“Coach Moore positively impacted the lives of many young men and in Clarion County as mentor and coach at Redbank Valley High School for over 30 years,” stated the proclamation. “Clarion County recognizes the important role that a sports instructor plays in helping obtain an effective education and career. Under the direction of Coach Moore, the Bulldog football team accomplished over 100 wins, four Little 12 Conference championships, one Eastern Division Conference title, and three District 9 3A championships. Moore also directed the Bulldog Girls’ Basketball team claiming over 100 wins and a District 9 title.”
Moore was selected as a member of the inaugural class of Redbank Valley Sports Hall of Fame in 2018 and into the Pennsylvania Scholastic Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in May.
“More importantly, Coach Moore has influenced these young men and women, not only about athletics, but also life lessons, guiding these young men and women into the workforce as a successful corporate executive, doctors, business persons, teachers, tradesmen, and all professions in life.”
The proclamation will be presented at a pre-game ceremony prior to the Bulldogs season and home opener on Friday, August 23. Redbank Valley hosts Keystone at 7:00 p.m. The game will be broadcast on exploreClarion with the pre-game ceremony broadcast on the exploreClarion Facebook page.
Commissioners also hired Jillian Stephens of Venango County as the new Human Services Director effective September 9. The $67,000.00 position was vacant following the retirement of Kay Rupert. Stephens is currently director of human relations in Venango County but worked in Children Youth Services before taking that position.
Tharan explained that the Commissioners wanted her management skills in Human Services. The major areas of Clarion County Human Services are led by veteran employees CYS Administrator Todd Kline and MH/DD/EI Administrator Nancy Jeanneret.
Commissioners also approved the following:
- Resolution No. 18 of 2019 – Revision of Multimodal Transportation Fund Grant, requesting $1,093,447.00. The project submitted by Clarion Borough includes the addition of sidewalks and roads in and around Grand Avenue in Clarion.
- A Letter of Support for Oil Region Alliance’s application for DCED Greenways, Trails, and Recreation grant.
- A grant on behalf of Adult Probation from Board of Probation and Parole as annual grant-in-aide. Grant Allocation: $50,000.00 Term: 7/1/2019 – 6/30/2020.
- A grant on behalf of Juvenile Probation from the Juvenile Court Judges’ Commission of the Office of General Counsel. Grant Allocation: $111,504.00. Term: 8/13/2019 – 6/30/2020.
- An appointment to the MH/DD/EI Advisory Board for Linda Spoharski for a three-year term beginning on September 24, 2019.
- An application for reappointment to the Northwest Commission for John Stroup for a private sector seat with a two-year term from July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021.
- Liquid Fuels – Ashland Township was awarded $6,126.00 for 2019 LF project, changing the project from JB Knight Bypass Superpave project to Double Sealcoat project.
- Hotel Tax – Application from New Bethlehem Biketoberfest for $1,300.00 for marketing, event merchandise, and giveaways.
- Hotel Tax – Approval of purchasing an ad for the PA Tourism Magazine $4,750.00.
- Purchase of 2019 Chevrolet Equinox from Redbank Chevrolet through CoSTARS for $27,252.00 for MH/DD.
- Three-year lease of 2019 Ford Explorer from Clarion Ford through CoSTARS for $10,812.39/year for Corrections to come out of the Prison Pass-Through Account.
- Contract with Savin for supplies and service for a copier to be purchased for Corrections. Color prints: $0.07/print, Black prints: $0.01/print.
- Transportation – Fiscal Year 2019 Certifications and Assurances for FTA Assistance Programs.
- Request for Cub Scout Pack 51 to use the Veteran’s Memorial Park for a Cub Scout recruitment carnival on September 15 from noon to 5:00 p.m.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.