Featured Local Job: Life Skill Worker II
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker II is to implement the clinical activities, which support the daily clinical schedule. In addition, the Life Skills Worker II assists in case management supervises clients, monitors and address es client behavior, and documents services in clinical files.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Provides effective people security (headcounts, room checks, client movement, etc.)
- Processes intakes and screens clients.
- Implements daily activity schedule – structures and coordinates client activities (i.e. family night, recreation, etc…).
- Facilitates and documents various psycho-educational groups/meetings (i.e. theme groups, D&A Education Seminars, process and procedure meetings, etc…).
- Supervises self-administration of medication.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
• High school diploma or GED.
- Other Qualifications:
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
• Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
• Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours
To apply for this position, click here.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.