THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
Commissioners Proclaim October Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Clarion County
The commissioners noted that hundreds of Clarion County men, women, and children request services for domestic violence-related incidents each year.
“Domestic violence is a serious crime that affects people of all races, ages, income levels, and sexual orientations,” according to the proclamation. “The crime of domestic violence violates an individual’s privacy, dignity, security, and humanity, due to the systematic use of physical, emotional, sexual, psychological, and economic control and abuse.”
The commissioners also approved a contract on behalf of Public Safety with Centre Communications for routine maintenance services to be the county’s emergency communications radio equipment for $24,900 in the term of October 1, 2019, to December 31, 2020. The contract reflected significant savings from last year’s $60,000 contract.
Also approved was a letter of support for the NWPA Job Connect’s “Community Connections” youth reentry demonstration proposal. The project area includes Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Venango, and Warren Counties.
According to Brosius, the program hopes to recruit out-of-school youth, 18 to 24 years of age who were previously in detention or incarcerated, preparing for release, and/or previously engaged with the justice system. The main objective is to engage youth in a career pathway leading to education and training, and/or meaningful employment and to reduce recidivism.
In other action:
- Roads to Recovery will host a Trunk or Treat night on Tuesday, October 29, at the Clarion County Human Services parking lot on Seventh Avenue from 5 to 7 p.m. The public is invited for the treats in the trunks of vehicles in the parking lot.
- Approved the request to use veterans memorial park by Trinity Church of God for their lives nativity on December 6-7.
- Approved an Environmental Review for 516 Main St. in Knox housing units to be entered into the housing for Homeless and Disabled Persons Project by Community Action.
- Approved multiple contract amendments on behalf of CYS for the fiscal year 2019 to 2020 include Next Step Pregnancy Solutions, Allegheny-Clarion Valley School District, Community Action Transitional Housing, Justice Works, Kids Count Family Psychological, Mars Home for Youth, and Youth Connection.
- Commissioners also approved a contract on behalf of CYS with justice works youth to care for truancy remediation services and supervised visitations with the term of July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019. The retroactive contract includes Just Care, Why Try, NPP, FGDM, VIP, FTM, visit coaching, STOPP, and supervised visits.
- Another contract on behalf of CYS was given an okay with Bethesda Children’s Hospital in Meadville for residential–community placements in the mother/baby program. The term is from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020, at the cost of $45.00 to $379.25 per day. The county match is 10 to 20 percent.
- Multiple contract renewals on behalf of CYS with terms from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020 include:
- Harbor Creek for residential services, institutional-based the cost of $275.00 per day, and the county match of 20 percent.
- Pentz Run Youth Services for community residential services for dependence and delinquent youth at the cost of $113.35 to $149.70 per day with the county match of 20 percent.
- Pathways adolescent center for community residential and independent living placement at the cost of $150.00 to $185.00 per day the county match of 10 to 20 percent.
- Perseus House for intensive treatment units, residential, shelter, mother/baby community residential services, and RTF services at the cost of $217.70 to $564.56 per day plus incidentals. Per diems are $202.81 to $329.09 per day. County matches are 10 to 20 percent for incidentals in addition to Medical Assistance.
- George Junior Republic for residential placement and multiple services the cost of $78.99 to $326.36 per day and a county match of 10 to 40 percent.
- Keystone Adolescent Center for foster care in community residential placements at the cost of $75.43 to $182.60 per day in the county match of 10 to 20 percent.
- LifeSpan Family Services of Pennsylvania for specialized foster care services at the cost of $58.50 to $114.06 and a county match of 20 percent. Adelphoi Village for community residential services at the cost of $76.45 to $395.43 per day with a County match of 20 percent.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.