Henry Re-Elected Clarion School Board President; White Chosen Vice President, Kriebel Treasurer
CLARION, Pa. (EYT) – Officers of the Clarion Area School Board were elected at the group’s official December reorganization meeting. Hugh Henry was re-elected as president; Braxton White was selected as vice president; and Shane Kriebel was chosen as treasurer.
Attending the meeting were Shane Kriebel, Sara Robertson, Dave Estadt, Todd MacBeth, Zachary Schekell, Hugh Henry, Julie McCormick, and Braxton White. Todd Bauer was absent.
- A regular meeting of the school board followed the re-organizational meeting and actions approved included the following:
- Approved Act 1 Budget Resolution to opt-out of the early budget process and keep the 2020-2021 Real Estate tax increase within the index. The motion was made by Julie McCormick, seconded by Braxton White.
- A motion was made by Braxton White and seconded by Zach Schekell to approve the Memorandum Of Understanding with Keystone Smiles for purposes of referring Pre-K children for supportive services.
- The appointment of a new solicitor was tabled.
- A motion was made by Shane Kriebel, seconded by Todd MacBeth, to accept the Local Audit Report for the Year Ending June 30, 2019, as completed by McGill, Power, Bell, LLP as presented. The report contains no adverse findings which require corrective action.
- White reported that the bill to introduce a voucher system for private and cyber charter schools did not make it for a vote.
- Henry announced that the next regular board meeting would be held on January 14, 2020. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Clarion Area Jr.-Sr. High School in the Large Group Instruction room.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.