Clarion Man Charged with 46 Counts of Arson in Summerville Fire
Punxsutawney-based State Police say a child who lives at the home discovered the fire around 1:00 a.m. on the residence’s front porch.
The homeowner was able to use fire extinguishers to keep the blaze under control until the fire department arrived and extinguished it.
The officer in charge requested that the PA State Police Fire Marshal Unit investigate the origin and cause of the fire.
An arson detection dog from the Allegheny County Fire Marshal Unit discovered evidence on the front porch and back porch of the home.
The fire was ruled arson by the Deputy Fire Marshal.
Damage to the home was approximately $10,000.00.
Police indicate the owner is a 29-year-old man, and the occupants of the home were as follows: a 25-year-old woman; an 8-month-old female child; a 5-year-old male child; a 13-year-old male child; and a 15-year-old male child.
Suspect Found Following Crash Investigation
While en route to investigate the fire, State Police were notified of a traffic accident on State Route 949 near State Route 28.
Police then discovered that a second crash occurred at the intersection of Route 28, Route 949, and Water Street.
At the scene of the second accident, police found 32-year-old James M. Dubrock, of Clarion, inside the crashed vehicle. He was transported by ambulance to Brookville Hospital and then flown to UPMC Altoona for treatment of unknown injuries.
Dubrock’s vehicle was involved in both accidents, according to police.
Evidence Linked to Dubrock, Charges Filed
Authorities say evidence was discovered at the scene of the fire, linking James M. Dubrock to the crime.
Police did not release specific details on the evidence.
The following charges were filed against Dubrock:
- Arson Against Persons, Felony 1 (21 counts)
- Arson Against Property, Felony 1 (one count)
- Causing a Catastrophe, Felony 1 (one count)
- Aggravated Arson, Felony 1 (21 counts)
- Arson and Related Offenses, Felony 2 (one count)
- Risking a Catastrophe, Felony 3 (one count)
- Arson and Related Offenses, Felony 3 (two counts)
- Criminal Mischief, Felony 3 (one count)
- Possessing Instruments of Crime, Misdemeanor 1 (one count)
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Misdemeanor 2 (21 counts)
- Disorderly Conduct, Misdemeanor 3 (one count)
Additional details will be provided as soon as they become available.
Copyright © 2022 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.