Commissioners Announce Clarion County Monument Dedication, Airport Fly-In Scheduled
Commissioners Ted Tharan, Wayne Brosius, and Ed Heasley announced the event at Tuesday morning’s meeting.
It will be held at 6:30 p.m.
The monument is in honor of all Persian Gulf Era veterans. The dedication ceremony is open to all veterans and the citizens of Clarion County. The ceremony will also include a bagpiper walking from the courthouse steps to the new monument.
Refreshments prepared by Clarion Vocational Services will be served, starting at 5:30 p.m.
Brosius also announced a Fly-In at the Clarion County Airport on Saturday, June 29, from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
The Fly-In benefits the Clarion Cancer Center Patient Care and Sunshine Fund. There is no admission, but donations will be accepted.
“Fly-ins will include the C-54 ‘Spirit of Freedom,’ the Douglas C-47B Skytrain ‘Luck of the Irish,’ and the Fairchild C-123K Provider Thunderpig,” said Brosius.
Also available will be helicopter rides, airplane rides, Legends band, games for kids, a Chinese auction, and 50/50.
A Knight Cruisers Cruise-In will also feature dash plaques for the first 100 cars.
In other business:
- Approved a request from Assessment to change the price of Certified Property Record Cards to $1.00 per page. Regular copy fee to remain at $0.50 per page.
- Approved the promotion of Tyler Lencer in Public Safety from Trainee to Certified Telecommunicator after getting the certification. Salary: $11.96/hour. Effective Date: 5/26/2019.
- Approved the promotion of Jessica Walters in Corrections into the position of Full-Time Corrections Officer. Full time, non-exempt, 36/48 hours/week. Effective Date: 6/1/2019. Salary: $13.59/hour.
- Approved the promotion of Mary Crawford in Corrections into the position of Temporary Full-Time Corrections Officer. Full time, non-exempt, 36/48 hours/week. Effective Date: 6/1/2019. Salary: $13.59/hour.
- Approved the reclassification of Lindsey Deibler in MH/DD into the vacant position of Temporary Working Out of Class County MH/MR Administrator 1. $250.00/week stipend plus a normal salary of $38,873.12. Full time, non-exempt, 35 hours/week. Effective Date: 6/10/2019.
- Approved a contract on behalf of CYS with Alternative Living Solutions for transitional living services. Term: 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019. Cost: $197.95/day. County Match: 20 percent.
- Approved an application from the Clarion Area Agency on Aging to use the Veterans Memorial Park on October 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for worship services.
- Approved a request from the Redbank Valley Park Authority for a waiver of the $50.00 land development application fee for their New Rabbit Barn Improvements project.
- Approved a request from GIS fees to waive fees for PA One Call to get parcel information in the county. Total fees to be waived is $2,500.00.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.