Hold your next event at The Haskell House - UP TO 75% OFF your first booking! Click Here for more info!
BREAKING NEWS: Attempted Homicide Suspect Remains at Large
Court documents indicate the Punxsutawney-based State Police filed the following criminal charges against 39-year-old Ryan Dennis Snyder on Thursday morning:
– Criminal Attempt – Murder Of The Second Degree, Homicide 2
– Aggravated Assault, Felony 1
– Possession Of Firearm Prohibited, Felony 2
– Strangulation – Applying Pressure to Throat or Neck, Felony 2
– Aggravated Assault, Felony 2
– Criminal Trespass-Break Into Structure, Felony 2
– Discharge Of A Firearm Into Occupied Structure, Felony 3 (five counts)
– Terroristic Threats With Intent To Terrorize Another, Misdemeanor 1 (four counts)
– Possess Instrument Of Crime With Intent, Misdemeanor 1
– Simple Assault, Misdemeanor 2 (two counts)
– Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Misdemeanor 2 (four counts)
Snyder is also facing one count each of terroristic threats, simple assault, and harassment, stemming from a separate incident on July 28 in Ringgold Township.
A law enforcement source confirmed to exploreClarion.com that Snyder remained at large as of 9:42 a.m. and authorities were searching for him in the Ringgold Township area. Jail officials in Jefferson, Clarion, and Armstrong counties, also confirmed that Snyder had not been jailed as of 9:45 a.m.
Sources say the initial incident – a dispute involving Synder in Ringgold Township – occurred Wednesday around 5:00 p.m.
A representative of the Punxsutawney-based State Police also confirmed earlier that the incident remained active and the suspect had not been apprehended.
The representative also added that no police personnel has been injured but declined to release additional information citing an active investigation.
Several police vehicles were seen throughout the Jefferson County and Southern Clarion County areas on Wednesday evening as the incident continued.
A junior high football game in New Bethlehem on Wednesday night was postponed due to the incident.
As a result of the situation, security has been increased at several area schools and parents have been notified.
Police say a press release will be issued as soon as information is available.
Residents are reminded to stay alert and report any suspicious activity to the police.
(Stay with EXPLORE for continuous coverage of this BREAKING NEWS story.)
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.