Featured Local Job: Drug and Alcohol Counselor Assistant
Abraxas is currently looking to hire a Drug and Alcohol Counselor Assistant at their Marienville facility.
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $14.00 – $22.53 per hour
$3,000 Sign on Bonus
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities for troubled youth and their families. Drug and Alcohol treatment is part of Abraxas I’s program.
Do you have the passion to help our “at-risk” youth population?
Do you want to part of the process to change behaviors, and change lives?
The Drug and Alcohol Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent youth with substance abuse/dependency problems.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to include the provision of at least ten (10) hours of treatment services during primary care hours each week.
- Provides individual counseling and completes related documentation.
- Provides caseload group counseling and completes related documentation.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- A.D.C. or National Certification; OR
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an accredited school of nursing and one year of counseling experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or related field and two years of clinical experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing, or other related field and one year of clinical experience; OR
- Master’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing, or other related field, which includes a practicum in a health and human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting.
Click Here to apply.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.