Featured Local Job: Life Skills Worker II
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $13.26 an hour – $19.26 an hour
$3,000 Sign on Bonus
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities for troubled youth and their families.
Do you want to make a difference as a direct care worker /behavior technician/ youth counselor? A Life skills worker position might be for you!
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker II is to implement the clinical activities, which support the daily clinical schedule. In addition, the Life Skills Worker II assists in case management supervises clients, monitors and addresses client behavior, and documents services in clinical files.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Provides effective people security (headcounts, room checks, client movement, etc.)
- Implements daily activity schedule – structures and coordinates client activities (i.e. family night, recreation, etc).
- Facilitates and documents various psycho-educational groups/meetings (i.e. theme groups, D&A Education Seminars, process and procedure meetings, etc).
- Supervises self-administration of medication.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
Click Here to apply.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.