Clarion County Recipe of the Day: Ruthie Niederriter’s Tomato Bisque
1. Sautee in olive oil for 20 minutes:
1 stalk of celery, chopped
3 peppers, red/orange/yellow, chopped
2. Add six 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes and 1 small can of tomato paste.
3. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for approximately 1 hour.
4. Puree with an immersion mixer.
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
6 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
5. Puree again before adding one quart of heavy cream.
~Serve with croutons and cheese (melted). Enjoy!
Do you want to have your recipe featured as the Clarion County Recipe of the day? If the answer is yes, the process is quick and easy! Simply email your recipe to [email protected] with “Clarion County Recipe of the Day” as the subject. Also, we’d love for you to include a fun picture of the dish you’re sharing. Make your recipe famous today!
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.