Featured Local Job: Manufacturing Plant Opportunities – Webco Industries
Job Location: Webco – PA – Oil City – Oil City, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Manufacturing
Webco believes that successful companies are more about people than products and that a company’s human assets are its most important resource. That is why many employees have invested their careers in Webco. Perhaps the biggest benefit for those who join their team are the frequent opportunities to learn new skills and improve on current expertise through focused education and training. Upward mobility and promotion from within have always been important tenants of Webco’s success. By continuously investing in its employees over many years, Webco has built a culture of excellence that delivers value to everyone who the company touches.
Résumé submissions alone are NOT considered applications for employment.**
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operation of a variety of machines ranging from a six-ton overhead crane to a tube-forming mill. Responsibilities range from loading/unloading materials onto/off machines, processing tubing through equipment, and ensuring the quality of tubes being produced and shipped out.
STARTING PAY: $15.50/HR – $20.00/HR
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires full range of body motion to include: constant lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stooping, squatting, walking, reaching, working overhead, climbing, standing, and the ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks
- Must be able to work 12 hours per day, standing on a concrete floor
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires frequent unassisted lifting of a variety of objects from various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 50 pounds with an average weight of 34 – 37 pounds
- Utilizes a variety of hand positions to work equipment controls and maneuver tubes throughout the manufacturing process
- Most jobs are fast-paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential
Hours: Shifts consist of twelve hours, various days of the week, and either day shift (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) or night shift (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.). Business needs dictate the number of shifts per week an employee is required to work.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to deal with stress and get along with co-workers and supervisors.
- The ability to read and speak English is preferred.
- Mathematical skills equivalent to high school level required. Math skills must include the ability to do decimals, fractions, and averages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function.
- Education: High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Equipment: After training, must be able to operate a variety of industrial machines safely and efficiently.
Webco’s benefits package includes health; dental; vision; cancer; short-term disability; long-term disability; employee, spouse, and child life insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) plan; educational reimbursement; paid holidays and vacation; training and development opportunities; profit sharing; prescription safety glasses; and free uniforms.
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR ALL PLANT EMPLOYEES.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.