Featured Local Job: Secondary Math Teacher
Abraxas currently has an opening for a Secondary Math Teacher at their Marienville facility.
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $36,528.86 annually – $58,754.38 annually
Compensation Bonus: $3,000 Sign-on Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Secondary Education Math Teacher
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families.
The Teacher position is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter and/or skills.
- Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined in the school curriculum
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity
- Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior
- Develops daily lesson plans and completes all required educational paperwork
- Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field in subject matter that is utilized for teaching experience
- State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in education
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI)
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence
- Valid registered vehicle insurance
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
Click Here to apply.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.