Featured Local Job: Life Skills Worker I
Abraxas currently has an opening for a Life Skills Worker I at their Marienville facility.
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Salary: $15.00 an hour – $17.80 an hour
Bonus (if applicable): $3,000 Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Sign on Bonus
$15.00 – $17.80 an hour
APPLY TODAY – BE PART OF THE ABRAXAS TEAM AND TOGETHER, we will continue BUILDING BETTER FUTURES
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. They offer a wide array of services including life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor’s or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching, or just want to make a difference, Abraxas has a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker I is to supervise clients during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, Life Skill Workers I assist in the management of the morning wake-up routine by educating, guiding and directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients
- Completes security calls to night supervisor
- Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s)
- Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately
- Ensures client location
- Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system
- Conducts outside building security checks
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI)
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence
- Valid registered vehicle insurance
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period
Copyright © 2022 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.