Featured Local Job: Weekend Life Skills Worker II
Youth Services hiring Weekend Life Skills Workers II or Youth Care Professionals to work directly with Adolescents at Abraxas I (AI) in Marienville, Pennsylvania – starting pay is $15.26 per hour!
Department: Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Location: Marienville, PA
Salary: $15.26 an hour – $19.26 an hour
Bonus: $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Shift: Friday, 3 pm – 11pm, Saturday, 7am – 11pm, Sunday, 7am – 11pm
Start a career that makes a difference in people’s lives!
To Apply: Text JOB to 412-912-2012
Abraxas I provides adolescent treatment programs for substance abuse, delinquency, and medically necessary mental health services. Their 90-acre campus is nestled in the Allegheny National Forest in northwestern Pennsylvania.
This is an entry-level position; seeking individuals to role model, teach and supervise adolescents in a structured residential environment.
In this role, you will regularly supervise and interact with clients, observe and address client behavior, and document services in client files. Comprehensive paid training is provided to prepare new employees for success in theri team-oriented environment.
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
$15.26 – $19.26 an hour
Who Abraxas Is:
Abraxas Youth & Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment, and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
Benefits & Perks:
Abraxas provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind, and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical & Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct supervision, leadership, and serve as a role model to clients while interacting in a therapeutic and meaningful manner
- Observe client behavior and intervene appropriately, as dictated by policy and individual client treatment plan
- Implement the daily activity schedule and structure and coordinate client activities, such as Family Night, Structured Recreation, etc
- Facilitate and document various psycho-educational groups via standardized curricula
- Conduct scheduled and random head counts to provide effective people security
- Assist with mentoring and on-the-job training of newer team members
- Support the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass physical and pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
- Must pass criminal background check investigation
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
- At Abraxas, they celebrate the richness of their diverse employees and the communities they serve. They are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as they strive to ensure they are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization.
- As they work to make a difference in people’s lives, Abraxas is dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those they serve and their employees.
- As a provider of trauma-informed care, Abraxas firmly believes in recovery and that thier clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and they consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
- Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, Abraxas has a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels.
- At Abraxas, everything they do centers around people. That is why they are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional, and financial wellness. Their benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work.
- If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, join Abraxas!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth & Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor’s or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching, or just want to make a difference, they have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides administrative services to a variety of businesses and non-profit agencies so they can focus on their individual goals and missions. Apis serves 30+ affiliates throughout the USA including locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Colorado, New Jersey, and North Carolina.
Join Them in Building Better Futures!
Interested in joining their outstanding team? If you have any questions, you can contact Abraxas by email at [email protected]
Give them a call at (814) 927-6615 and Brenda or Wendy will be happy to help you!
More information can also be found by visiting this page.
Copyright © 2022 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.