Featured Local Job: Supervisor of Special Education
Riverview Intermediate Unit 6 is looking to hire a full-time Supervisor of Special Education.
Position currently available – Deadline March 22 or until filled.
Supervisor of Special Education (School Age & Early Intervention assignments).
Full-time, 10 month, permanent position (210 days) Act 93 administrative position with salary range commensurate to a mid-level administrator in the mid-western PA region ($67,000-$75,000).
Requires valid PA certification for Special Education Supervision or Principal’s certification and Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances.
Note: A person interested in moving into administration and looking to take necessary coursework to obtain Principal’s certification or Special Education Supervisor certification can apply for this position as well (hiring would be contingent on your completing the necessary certification within 3 years).
General Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide leadership, coordination, supervision, and management for all special education programs and services in concert with the Director of Special Education at Riverview Intermediate Unit 6, with an emphasis on the supervision of the K-12 special education programming.
- Coordinate services of RIU6 with school district personnel to meet the needs of each individual learner.
- Facilitate and implement Individualized Education Plans for students.
- Make professional development presentations to staff and district personnel.
- Provide the best care, safety, welfare, and security for the students in our care.
Send application packet to Teresa Baker via email, [email protected] , or mail to Riverview Intermediate Unit 6, 270 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA, 16214.
Application packet includes, but not limited to, letter of interest, standard application, clearances, certifications, transcripts, and any related training certifications/trainings (mandated reporter, suicide prevention, trauma, SAP, etc.).
Copyright © 2023 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.