Featured Local Job: Business Outreach and Training Specialist
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College has an opening for a Business Outreach and Training Specialist in Warren, Pa.
JOB TITLE: Business Outreach and Training Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
PRIORITY DEADLINE: August 15, 2023l-time, Non-exempt
COMPENSATION: Minimum Starting Salary $42,000
DIVISION: Workforce Development
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Workforce Development
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
- Associate degree or 3 years of proven work experience in a field applicable to the position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in groups, and deliver effective presentations
- Competent working with Microsoft Office 365, including but not limited to Word, Teams, and Excel programs
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years of proven work experience in a field applicable to the position
- Experience in adult education, workforce development, or corporate training with knowledge in manufacturing, childcare, transportation and/or healthcare industries preferred
- Experience working in project management
- Knowledge of relevant grant programs and funding sources for workforce development programming and student assistance
- Self-motivated, autonomous, organized, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with customer service platforms
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed to further the workforce development mission
Under the supervision of the Director of Workforce Development, the Business Outreach and Training Specialist will contribute to the establishment and development of corporate and community relationships across all industries, primarily to deliver customized training. The Business Outreach and Training Specialist will provide support to existing workforce development activities, assist in the development of non-credit and customized training programs for businesses, and play an active role in the customized training proposal, program delivery, and relationship management activities.
This role will be responsible for collaborating with businesses and organizations to identify their training needs using a needs analysis process. Following program delivery, this person is responsible for monitoring the return on investment for the businesses served by NPRC.
- Meets with corporate clients from a broad spectrum of industries to determine their workforce development and training needs
- Follows up on leads from various sources including community engagement referrals and online information requests
- Initiates contact with potential clients to provide awareness and knowledge of services and programs offered
- Work collaboratively with other college departments, faculty, and staff to support workforce solutions for local businesses and organizations
- Assists employers with training and workforce development needs assessments including surveys, interviews, and document review
- Assist in the development of customized training programs for businesses and organizations.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with industry trainers and education providers
- Interact with internal college staff to coordinate training sites, media services, promotional materials, and classroom set-up
- Coordinate delivery of training and services on-site at the clients’ location or other facility
- Assist with the completion of faculty agreements, scope of work, quotes, invoices, purchase orders, and training contracts within the workforce development division
- Assist with the assessment of training provided and provide follow-up inquiries to determine the return on investment for the community or business partner
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested
- Attends workshops, conferences, and community events as needed to further the workforce development mission
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Driver’s License and consistent access to a vehicle
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History Record Check
- Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Training Certificate – Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English
- Ability to read, comprehend, and recall instructions and guidelines
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Office Location: To be determined
- Work hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Friday
- This position requires work hour flexibility and varied hours, including evenings and weekends
Moderate travel required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College (NPRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, perceived gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, use of a service animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, age, or other classification protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Copyright © 2023 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.