Featured Local Job: Mental Health Worker
Abraxas I is Hiring Mental Health Workers to work directly with adolescents at our residential mental health program, located in the heart of Allegheny National Forest, near Marienville, Pennsylvania.
Start a career that makes a difference in young people’s lives!
To apply, text MHW to 412-912-2012.
Earn up to an additional $15,000.00 a year by participating in our Workforce Development Training Program for our students.
Shift: Days and Evenings.
Who We Are:
Abraxas Youth & Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
Benefits & Perks:
We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical & Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct supervision, leadership, and serve as a role model to clients while interacting in a therapeutic and meaningful manner.
- Observe client behavior and intervene appropriately, as dictated by policy and individual client treatment plan.
- Document client treatment interventions, behavior, and progress.
- Report significant client changes in behavior, attitude, and/or physical condition to appropriate personnel while consistently evaluating client behavioral and emotional issues.
- Collaborate with the Educational team and client’s Mental Health Therapist to implement the individualized treatment plan.
- Implement the daily activity schedule and structure and coordinate client activities, such as Family Night, Structured Recreation, etc.
- Facilitate and document various psycho-educational groups via standardized curricula.
- Conduct scheduled and random head counts to provide effective people security.
- Support the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program required; degree in an area of human services preferred.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass physical and pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
- Must pass criminal background check investigation
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization.
As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees.
As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels.
At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work.
If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth & Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides administrative services to a variety of businesses and non-profit agencies so they can focus on their individual goals and missions. Apis serves 30+ affiliates throughout the USA including locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Colorado, New Jersey, and North Carolina.
Join Us in Building Better Futures!
Interested in joining our outstanding team? If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
Give us a Call at (814) 927-6615 and Brenda or Wendy will be happy to help you!
*Ask us how you can earn up to an additional $15,000 per year.
Copyright © 2023 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.