Powered by Max Banner Ads
Featured Local Job: Title I Teacher- Vocational Certification Preferred
Abraxas is hiring a Title 1 Teacher at their Marienville facility.
This position helps students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the
fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
• Creates detailed lesson plans and classroom activities such as worksheets, quizzes, or exams for use directly with students or for use with students by Title I support staff.
• Responds to students’ academic needs (strengths and weaknesses) and academically challenges all students using a variety of teaching strategies. Provides remedial or specialized instruction (tutoring) when needed and creates effective homebound assignments.
• Evaluates students’ progress and performance.
• Communicates effectively in directing Title I support staff.
• Periodically assesses, records, and communicates progress of identified Title I students.
• Structures remedial activities for Title I, General Educational Diploma (GED), and Credit
• Recovery students before classes, as well as after classes at the conclusion of the school day.
• Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of clients, interacts meaningfully with clients, and observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
• Assures and monitors student location and movement.
• Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to client information.
• Maintains Safety & Security of Clients & Facility.
• Addresses client grievances as appropriate.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• Vocational Certification Preferred
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field in subject matter that is utilized for teaching experience.
- State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in education.
• Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
To apply for this job and view other Abraxas job listings, click here.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.