Powered by Max Banner Ads
Featured Local Job: Teacher- Vocational Certification Preferred
Abraxas is hiring a Teacher at their Marienville facility.
The Teacher position is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter and/or skills.
• Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are
outlined in the school curriculum.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity.
• Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior.
• Develops daily lesson plans and completes all required educational paperwork
• Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field in subject matter that is utilized for teaching experience.
• State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in education.
• Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
To apply for this job and view other Abraxas job listings, click here.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.