Powered by Max Banner Ads
Commissioners Revise New Year’s Resolution to Clarify Language
Commissioners Ed Heasley, Ted Tharan, and Wayne Brosius unanimously passed Resolution 2 that resolves some language in Resolution 1 passed on January 2. The original resolution authorized the Board of Commissioners to sign any and all agreements, contracts, or grants for Clarion County and on behalf of all county-related offices and departments. The new resolution clarifies the language.
There was plenty of regular business at Tuesday’s meeting, including the following actions:
• Approved a lease for a 2019 Ford F-350 through the CoStars program and Clarion Ford that includes four payment of $11,983.66.
• Approved a contract renewal with Kevin Reichard as county engineer for 2019 at a cost of $50.00 per hour.
• Approved the 2019 administrative entity operating agreement between PA Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, and Clarion County CYS effective March 1, 2019. The agreement replaces the current agreement put into effect July 1, 2017.
• Susan Risher was hired to fill the vacant position of part-time corrections officer effective January 2, 2019. The position is nonexempt at no more than 29 hours per week and a salary of $13.59 per hour. Risher is already certified and had worked full-time at the Clarion County Jail, but she wanted to work part-time.
• Judy Myers was promoted to the vacant caseworker III/foster family coordinator position from her current caseworker position at CYS effective January 7, 2019. The position is full-time, non-exempt 35 hours per week at a salary of $30,942.70. She replaces Rebecca McGuire who served in the position for over 20 years.
• McGuire was also approved for the vacant position of temporary part-time caseworker III. The position is 29 hours per week effective January 7, 2019, at a salary of $18.84 per hour.
• Matthias Smerkar at 9-1-1 was promoted to the vacant position of a shift supervisor, effective January 6, 2019. Full-time, 40 hours per week; the position has a salary of $16.96 dollars per hour.
• A one-time contract on behalf of Public Safety with Mobilecom for license modifications was approved for $2,800.00.
• Approved a contract on behalf of courts with Joyce Bailey for cleaning services at District Justice Miller’s office effective November 2018 until termination at a cost of $120.00 per month or a total of $1,444.00 for the year.
• Changed the internal control policy requiring all purchases over $100.00 to be approved through the Clarion County requisition process from the $300.00 limit.
• A $3.00 fee will be added in the tax claim bureau to the account of each delinquent taxpayer for every property that gets reported in January. An estimated 2,300 parcels fall into this category.
• Keystone High School students were approved for a tour of the acid mine runoff treatment system at Clarion County Park for Earth Day on April 26, 2019.
• The Tri-County Animal Rescue Center was approved to use Veterans Memorial Park on August 17, 2019, for the group’s Annual International Homeless Animals Event.
• Commissioners announced that a copy of the Hazard Mitigation Plan end of the year report for 2018 is available for public review at the Commissioner’s Office located in the administration building at 330 Main Street in Clarion, all municipal office buildings, and on the current county website at www.co.clarion.pa.us. The report is required under Section 7, Plan Maintenance, of the current plan.
There are four sections to this report; Section 1 is the Action Plan Report; Section 2 is the Project Status Report; Section 3 is the Plan Evaluation Report; and Section 4 is a list of participating Jurisdictions/Agencies in the annual report.
Copies of the end of the year report were also provided to the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Anyone with questions regarding hazard mitigation for this report should contact David Dunn at the Clarion County Department of Public Service at 814-297-7902.
Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.