THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
Commissioners Approve Grants for Rimersburg VFW, Redbank Trail Assoiciation
CLARION, Pa. (EYT) – Clarion County Commissioners approved two $5,000.00 grants from the Marcellus Legacy Fund at their Tuesday morning meeting: one for the Rimersburg Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) and the other for the Redbank Valley Trail Association.
Rimersburg VFW will use the grant for the Veterans Park and Museum in Rimersburg.
The Redbank Valley Trail Association will use the grant to help with renovations to the trail after the recent flood. Commissioner Wayne Brosius said there are estimates of up to $100,000.00 to fix problems on the trail due to the flood.
The Marcellus Legacy Fund was created in Pennsylvania by Act 13 of 2012 to provide for the distribution of unconventional gas well impact fees to counties, municipalities and commonwealth agencies.
Two promotion of CYS (Children and Youth Services) were approved.
Chelsea Porter was promoted per Civil Service to Range 22 Step E after completion of Foundations Training (effective February 25, 2019) and promoted to Caseworker 2 (effective April 29, 2019) at a salary of $31,650.25 (to be retro paid $1,313.30). Kelsey Montgomery was also promoted per Civil Service to Range 22 Step E after completion of Foundations Training and promotion to Caseworker 2. Salary is $31,650.25 (and to be retro paid $1,545.90).
Clarion County CYS continues Civil Service rates for its employees, despite a change in the hiring process. CYS employees are not on a county pay scale.
In other personnel items, Commissioners announced the resignation of Shanin Shick (Corrections) effective September 12, 2019, and Ashlea Wilson (Corrections) effective September 24, 2019.
Also announced was the separation of employment of Renee Wingard (DA) effective September 23, 2019.
In other business:
- Approved a contract with Ashley Urik to be the Post-Conviction Relief Attorney for the Public Defender’s office at a cost of $1,000.00/month. She replaces Sara Seidel Patton.
- Approved an agreement between Clarion County and Community Action to manage and operate the County’s 2018 Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement Program (PHARE).
- Approved contract amendments on behalf of Central Accounting for Human Service Building Leases with terms from October 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. (MH/DD/EI – Total cost: $23,589.00 (Human Services Department – Total cost: $7,355.00).
- Accepted the resignation of Bryan Huwar from the Board of Assessment Appeals effective September 11, 2019, and approved the appointment of Sal Mazzocchi to the Board of Assessment Appeals effective September 17, 2019.
- Designated of County Planner Kristi Amato as the Section 504 Officer per CDBG regulations.
- Announced Judge Arner has hired Tomi Herman to the vacant position of Juvenile Probation Officer, Full time, non-exempt at 40 hours/week. Hiring was effective 9/23/2019 and salary is $29,285.80.
Copyright © 2020 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.