Featured Local Job: Drug and Alcohol Counselor
Abraxas (The GEO Group, Inc.) is currently in search of a Drug & Alcohol Counselor in Marienville, PA.
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $16.48 an hour – $26.51 an hour
$1500 Sign on Bonus
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The Drug and Alcohol Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent youth with substance abuse/dependency problems.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to include the provision of at least ten (10) hours of treatment services during primary care hours each week.
- Provides individual counseling and completes related documentation.
- Provides caseload group counseling and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates family sessions and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates drug & alcohol treatment groups and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates therapeutic recreation groups and completes related documentation.
- Oversees work therapy activities and completes related documentation.
- Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews, red flag reviews, and administrative reviews.
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries.
- Attends court hearings.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the plan.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- A.D.C. or National Certification; OR
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an accredited school of nursing and one year of counseling experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or related field and two years of clinical experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field and one year of clinical experience; OR
- Master’s degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field, which includes a practicum in a health and human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period
Click Here to apply.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.