Clarion, Forest Counties Each Report One New COVID-19 Death
HARRISBURG, Pa. (EYT) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health today confirmed as of 12:00 a.m., on Saturday, January 23, that there were nine new COVID-19 cases reported in Clarion County, and one additional death. One additional death has also been reported in Forest County.
The total COVID-19 cases in Clarion County is now at 2,408, and the total number of deaths attributed to coronavirus has reached 68.
In neighboring Forest County, the total number of cases remains at 1,246, and the death toll has risen to 12.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health today also confirmed that as of 12:00 a.m., on Saturday, January 23, there were 5,785 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 799,957.
There are 4,169 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 822 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average of number of hospitalized patients per day has increased by nearly 4,400 since the end of September.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of January 15 – January 21 decreased to 10.5% over last week.
As of 11:59 p.m., Friday, January 22, there were 205 new deaths reported for a total of 20,526 deaths attributed to COVID-19. County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
Mask-wearing is required in all businesses and whenever leaving home. Consistent mask-wearing is critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
There are 81,992 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 637 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
There are 3,546,910 individuals who have tested negative to date.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 61,355 resident cases of COVID-19, and 11,522 cases among employees, for a total of 72,877 at 1,528 distinct facilities in all 67 counties. Out of our total deaths, 10,217 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities. A county breakdown can be found here.
Approximately 22,119 of our total cases are among health care workers.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals began receiving shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 14 and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 21.
Through Jan. 22:
- 626,532 doses of the vaccine have been administered. Please note that this does include vaccine administration through the CVS as part of the Federal Pharmacy Partnership.
- There are 413,450 people who have received one dose (partially covered).
- There are 106,541 people who have received two doses (fully covered).
- The math results in 626,532 doses administered to 519,991 people.
A spreadsheet of facilities that have received vaccine can be found here.
Statewide – The Wolf Administration has since noon, Jan. 22:
The Wolf Administration stresses the role Pennsylvanians play in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
- If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
- Download the COVID Alert PA app and make your phone part of the fight. The free app can be found in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store by searching for “covid alert pa”.
Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.